My photo
Owner, "MAP Wellness" - a culinary nutrition and wellness company. Writer. Passionate cook, raw food chef, reiki practitioner, yoga teacher, and LIVE WELL educator. ​do yoga. enjoy good food. run. plant food. cook. savour wine. read books. buy good food. love. grow your energy. find peace. enjoy food. have passion. skip. eat food. do yoga. listen to jazz. have presence. be present. bike. read. see. hear. be. live. love.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 31

I did it!  Yup, today marks the official end to my 30 day challenge.  Day 31.  I have managed to stay “dry” for over 4 weeks, and I have to say, it was much easier than I had ever anticipated.

A month ago, I went into this personal challenge feeling both determined and fearful.  If you read my previous post that introduced my reasons for taking this trip into teetotaling, I think you will understand why.  I was terrified that I was going to embark down a very bumpy road, unaware of what lie ahead as I moved through loose and uneven gravel.  I suspected that while on this sober straight, I might discover that I did indeed have issues around alcohol; that my having to abstain would be next to impossible.  I was so scared that I would learn some more dark personal secrets and be forced to live within my addictive self for a time…

But, happily, that is not how things played out.  Nope!  It was super easy!  As each day passed, and I got more and more used to my life sans wine, I began feeling better, brighter, and even more inspired to keep it up.   I drank a TON of tea, had a lot of time to reflect, read, and rejoice, and have come through this challenge a stronger woman for it. 

I could go home tonight and pour myself a big glass of Bordeaux.  Or, not.  I don’t think I will need that "well-deserved" drink.  I never did, and never will.  I was fully planning on cracking open a bottle of bubbly to celebrate my success, but now that idea does seem a tad contradictory, huh?  So I will most likely just go home, grab some dinner, and pour my ritual cup of chocolaty chai, and toast my achievement with a big old piece of dark chocolate. 

From now on when it comes to imbibing simply to enjoy it, I will.  After all, it is the simple pleasures in life that are most sublime, and I think that I have officially developed a new relationship with my old crutch.  And this relationship is going to be a healthy one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Share away!