My photo
Owner, "MAP Wellness" - a culinary nutrition and wellness company. Writer. Passionate cook, raw food chef, reiki practitioner, yoga teacher, and LIVE WELL educator. ​do yoga. enjoy good food. run. plant food. cook. savour wine. read books. buy good food. love. grow your energy. find peace. enjoy food. have passion. skip. eat food. do yoga. listen to jazz. have presence. be present. bike. read. see. hear. be. live. love.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

POST 2.

I sat with my new therapist Tuesday morning.  We met at 7:30am in her pretty, safe, and comfy Parkdale office/yoga space.  We spent an hour chatting, sharing our backgrounds, and feeling out whether or not we were to be a good "fit".  Because as well all know (or at least those of us that have explored the world of the psychotherapy), you need to feel right and at ease with your doc in order for it to be worth your while (and theirs).  I had been seeing another "relational therapist" for the past year on and off, and we were like a square peg and a round hole.  So I call my new therapist, my new therapist,  because I liked her.  Alot.  I think were are going to be a great fit.  :-)

Now back to Tuesday morning.....I woke up and went for a run before sunrise.  I ran and thought.  I swore to myself that no matter what, I was going to be 100% honest, raw, and real that morning.  No more hiding, no more shame, no more putting on a show.  And that is what I did.  I told my new therapist things that I have not talked about in years.  I told her things that I have been too ashamed to say out loud.  I cried, I laughed, and I shared.  And it felt good. 

That is where I am now.  Finally.  I am 30 and ready to tell the whole truth.  The last 15 years have been a bit of a scam.  But I have really only being fooling myself.

1 comment:

  1. Happy you're doing this, Megz! Writing is so cathartic...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Share away!