I cry a lot these days. Good, necessary cries. Tonight I thought a lot about my Dad and cried. It's healthy.
- Owner, "MAP Wellness" - a culinary nutrition and wellness company. Writer. Passionate cook, raw food chef, reiki practitioner, yoga teacher, and LIVE WELL educator. do yoga. enjoy good food. run. plant food. cook. savour wine. read books. buy good food. love. grow your energy. find peace. enjoy food. have passion. skip. eat food. do yoga. listen to jazz. have presence. be present. bike. read. see. hear. be. live. love.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
The following is a list of a few of the books I've read in the last year...In late summer 2010, I spent a few weeks at my folks house in small town Ontario. I literally spent 8 hours a day reading under my mother's beautiful and peaceful pergola, in her exquisitely tended garden backyard. All in the attempt to gain inspiration and learn.
Here is a taste of my reading list, a few cliché picks, a few of my faves; it continues to grow.
1. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
2. The Happiness Project- Gretchen Rubin
3. The Ultimate Happiness Prescription: 7 keys to joy and enlightenment- Deepak Chopra
4. The Happiness Make-over- MJ Ryan
5. The Power of Now- Eckhart Tolle
6. Quantum Happiness- Kathy Freston
7. US: Transforming Ourselves & the Relationships that Matter Most - Lisa Oz
8. The Power of Kabbalah: Thirteen Principles to Overcome Challenges and Achieve Fulfillment - Yehuda Berg
9. Happiness: Essential Mindfulness Practices - Thich Nhat Hanh
10. Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
11. How to Befriend Your Shadow – John Monbourquette
12. Bulemia: A Guide to Recovery – Hall & Cohn
13. A New Earth – Eckhart Tolle
…the list goes on. Thanks to Toronto Public Libraries!!